A Girl in Black & White: Food for Thought:

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Food for Thought:


My niece was over the other night and asked me (in her own kind of language) to come draw on the chalkboard with her.  We drew some circles and eyes, but soon filled up the board. I took the eraser and began clearing it up for us. Halfway through this, I stopped for a second to see if she was alright with me doing that. I half expected her to be a little upset with me that I had erased all of our art. But she had picked up her piece of chalk and was already hard at work.  I’ve been thinking about this ever since then. 
How often do we see an opportunity or hear a calling, but don’t heed them because it would mean going backwards?  

Friends, it doesn’t make a difference how close you are to the finish line if you are running the wrong race. 

How often do we want a sin out of our lives, but can’t help but hold it tightly?  As if losing that sin would be losing a part of what makes us who we are.  Our identity is in Christ. NOT in our sin.  How amazing to picture who we COULD be if we were living to every expectation and potential God has for us!  I find that so exciting and motivating when I have to go backwards or start over. Clean slates are exciting...not scary. 



-The Girl in Black & White

No comments:

Post a Comment