A Girl in Black & White: Dirt Year

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Dirt Year

\\2018 Was My Dirt Year// 

I was being broken down, stepped on, tilled, and had some manure mixed into life.  And yet, I was learning to rejoice and be content in ANY stage of life. I learned so much from the hurt and mundanity of life last year.  

I hardly traveled (🖓), hurt friends (necessarily and unnecessarily), was hurt by friends, and had to watch everyone on their adventures in life...while, I stood in the same place I’ve always been. 

But it was not all bad. No year is. In fact, I didn't even realize how crumby of a year it was until it was almost over.  Life was just in constant fast-forward, I didn't have time to think at all.  I hardly saw my friends, because I was constantly booked.  I have always been a busy person (it runs in the family), but it was different last year.  My schedule wasn't full from being in a show or a family wedding.  I was just running from this to do that and going to help with this or that.  It was good stuff, but it was BUSY and draining for this INFJ.

But God was still present and faithful.

Last year...I grew in my faith, got to be on a worship team (!!), started writing again, taught an acting class, met amazing people, trained people at work, saw friends get married, grew closer to my confidants, and just learned SO very much. The biggest thing I learned was that there is nothing wrong with where I have always been.  

We are only a little over a week into this new year, but opportunities and blessing are throwing themselves at me. I realized that all of the opportunities of late were planted from “everyday” and “pointless” things I did last year.  This year...this year is my Growing year.  I want to develop my talents and really push my abilities, I want to create more, evangelize more, sing more, write more, travel more, and be more.  

There is beauty in the small things. Sometimes it just takes time.  I am ready to rejoice! 


"What if the seasons help us realize,
some things are only proven over time?"
-"Even the Winter" by Audrey Assad



-A Girl in Black & White

No comments:

Post a Comment