A Girl in Black & White: Alive

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Alive


Three pairs of socks.
Three shirts and a flannel.
Two pairs of pants.
A hat, gloves, and a scarf.
A jacket and snow boots.

Within the first hour...
My toes went numb.
They were frozen as could be.
My hands were red.

But all of this was a reminder.
A reminder of something that we often take for granted.
We are alive.
I can feel cold.
I can see my breath in the winter's air.

Because I am alive.
I can feel pain, joy, love,
regret, anger, achievement,
friendship, or disappointment.

I know what it is like to be loved,
to laugh until you cry, to cry until you laugh,
to fail, to be hugged, to be angry,
to feel alone, or hugged by my best friend.

I can go as far in life as my hard work takes me.
I can make a difference.
I can fight for what I believe.
I can speak for those who cannot.

You know why?
Because I am alive.





Dedicated to the thousands of innocent children who have been aborted. -A Girl in Black & White

No comments:

Post a Comment