A Girl in Black & White: New York City

Thursday, June 28, 2018

New York City



New York City

I loved New York City.
The beautiful skyscrapers that made me feel small.
The fast paced walking.  
Everyone had a destination and no time for dawdle.
The shows, lights, shops, restaurants.
I loved it all.

But when I think back to my times there,
I don’t see Times Square or Central Park.
I see you.
And me.

Perhaps I truly just loved who we were
When we were there.
The easy conversation,
The laughter far into the night,
Being friends in a city of strangers,
Making memories,
Snapping photos,
Living life without holding back.

Long before we knew to question one another.
Drinking glasses of mutual admiration.
Before we were fools enough to bottle it up.
Loving, without looking back.
Dreaming without restraints.

I say I love New York.
And I do.
But I guess…
More to the point,
I love you.


//

No comments:

Post a Comment